- US manufacturing PMI was 53.9 in December compared to 55.3 in November.
- US empire state manufacturing index plunged to 10.9 in December after rising to 23.3 in November.
- US housing starts jumped by 3.2% to an annual rate of 1.26 mn in November from the revised October estimate of 1.22 mn; building permits surged up by 5% to an annual rate of 1.33 mn in November from the revised October rate of 1.27 mn.
- US initial claims for state unemployment benefits fell 27,000 to a seasonally adjusted 206,000 for the week ended December 8.
- US industrial output rose 0.6% in November after declining 0.2% in October; the capacity utilization rate increased to 78.5% in November from 78.1% in October.
- US retail sales edged up by 0.2% in November after spiking by an upwardly revised 1.1% in October.
- European Central Bank (ECB) decides to end its 2.6 trillion euro bond-buying program by the end of December; says it expects interest rates to “remain at their present levels at least through the summer of 2019.”
- Eurozone consumer inflation was 1.9% year-on-year in November compared to 2.2% in October.
- Eurozone manufacturing PMI was 51.4 in December compared to 51.8 in November.
- China’s industrial output grew 5.4% from a year earlier in November, compared with 5.9% in October.
- China’s retail sales rose 8.1% year-on-year in November, down from 8.6% increase in October.
Last Updated: 15th December 2018
Next Update On: 31st December 2018
Update Frequency: Once Every Fortnight